METHODOLOGICAL PRINCIPLES OF SITUATIONAL APPROACH IMPLEMENTATION IN THE PROCESS OF FOREIGN LANGUAGE COMMUNICATIVE COMPETENCE TRAINING OF NON-LINGUISTIC STUDENTS
The article deals with the issue of situational approach implementation in foreign language training as the main stimulating factor of students’ communicative skills, cognitive and mental activity, as well as their professional competence. One of the indicators of a modern socially active person is their ability to communicate and cooperate with others in order to solve their professional tasks. The aim of the research is to substantiate the role of situational approach in the process of professional foreign language training of non-linguistic students and illustrate it with own didactic materials. Both theoretical and empirical research methods were used to solve the tasks. The author emphasizes the necessity of creating training communicative situations which can serve as a prototype of students’ future professional activities as well as the efficient means of foreign language communication. Choosing communicative tasks, it should be taken into account that there are situations determined by context and purpose, but not by their form, and situations where neither form nor content are clearly stated. Dialogs, games and role-playing belong to the typical activities of the first group. They require specific preliminary preparation of a teacher but prove to favour the enhancement of students’ creative potential, and communicative skills. Problem-solving communicative situations are of unpredictable and spontaneous character. Providing participants with only general instructions they stimulate their intellectual potential and promote practical application of their professional knowledge and further communicative interaction. Based on situational approach the process of foreign language professional communicative competence training of non-linguistic students provides them with interesting motivational activities, encourages their creative development and professional awareness.
2. Савчак І.В. Мовленнєва ситуація як активна форма навчання майбутніх менеджерів туризму. Наука і освіта. 2010. № 7. С. 222–224.
3. Черняхович О.С. Роль ситуативності у навчанні професійно орієнтованого діалогічного мовлення. Вісник Вінницького політехнічного інституту. 2010. № 2. С. 115–121.
4. Пасічник О.О., Пасічник О.С. English. Information Technology. Хмельницький : ХНУ, 2019. 229 с.
5. Dmitrenko N. The implementation of problem-based learning in Ukrainian higher educational institutions.Advanced Education. 2016. № 5. Р. 28–35.
6. Пометун О.І. Енциклопедія інтерактивного навчання. Київ : А.С.К., 2007. 144 с.