NEGATIVE CONSEQUENCES OF BULLYING IN THE EDUCATIONAL ENVIRONMENT
The article focuses on the study of the problems of negative consequences of bullying in the educational (read school) environment. The attention is briefly focused on the relevance of studying both common problems associated with bullying in the light of modern dynamic changes that inevitably affect the transformation of established models of social relationships, and directly the problem of the negative consequences of the phenomenon under study. Attention is drawn to the fact that despite the fact that to date, the initial steps have already been taken towards the development of effective counteraction to bullying in Ukraine, the level of safety in the school environment is far from perfect. A detailed examination of the harm to the mental and physical health of the victim of the relationship of bullying and bullying is carried out as a person exposed to the greatest level of social harm (danger) from bullying. Various approaches of scientists-specialists who have studied the outlined problem regarding the allocation of specific negative consequences for the victim and their typification are analyzed, the catastrophic nature of certain consequences for the personality of the victim (victim) is noted. Attention is drawn to the presence of a significant degree of harm not only for the victim, but also for all participants in the bullying relationship (although certainly to a lesser extent). In particular, it substantiates the existence of negative consequences for the offender (aggressor) and other participants in the bullying structure (observers, teachers). Special attention is paid to the harmful effects not only for the participants of bullying at the personal level, but also the presence of negative consequences for the team itself in which the bullying takes place and society as a whole. The position is defended of the need for a radical change in preventive and therapeutic strategies that are usually prescribed to individuals, are being bullied in their direction, in the direction of greater attention to the victim of bullying in order to reduce the burden of bullying victimization, as ensuring the inalienable right of an individual to a dignified life, and for normalization of socialization of the individual for the needs of society as a whole. Based on the analysis, a list of negative consequences of bullying in the educational environment for each of the participants in the relationship of bullying, the social group in which bullying has a manifestation and society as a whole, is highlighted.
2. Olweus D. Hakkekyllinger Og Skolebøller.Forsking Om Skolemobbing, Oslo : Cappelen, 1974. Р. 221.
3. Король А. Причини та наслідки явища булінгу. Відновне правосуддя в Україні. 2009. № 1-2. С. 84–93.
4. Хананашвили Н.Л. Школьные службы примирения в регионах России. Профилактика межэтнических конфликтов. Москва, 2014. 184 с.
5. Цымбал Е.И. Жестокое обращение с детьми: причины, проявления, последствия. 2-е изд., исп. и доп. Москва : РБФ НАН, 2010. 286 с.
6. Leymann H. The Content and Development of Mobbing at Work. European Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology. 1996. № 5 (2). Р. 165–184.
7. Информационный бюллетень ВОЗ: травля и издевательство (буллинг) в школах и участие в драках среди подростков от 15 марта 2016. URL: https://www.euro.who.int/__data/assets/pdf_file/0006/303486/HBSC-No.7_factsheet_Bullying_RU.pdf (дата звернення: 13.08.2020).
8. Louise Arseneault. Долгосрочное влияние буллинг-виктимизации на психическое здоровье / перевод А.Ю. Карпова. World Psychiatry. 2017. № 16 (1). Р. 27–URL: https://psychiatr.ru/files/magazines/2017_02_wpa_1098.pdf. (дата звернення: 02.08.2020).
9. De Wet C. Victims of educator-targeted bullying: a qualitative study. South African Journal of Education. 2010. Vol. 30. Р. 189–201.
10. Юнг К.Г. Аналитическая психология: прошлое и настоящее / сост. В. Зелинский, А. Руткевич. Москва : Мартис, 1995. 320 с.
11. Terry A. Teachers as targets of bullying by their pupils: a study to investigate incidence. British Journal of Education Psychology. 1998. Т. 68 (2). Р. 255–269.
12. Smokowski P.R., Kopasz K.H. Bullying in School: An Overview of Types, Effects, Family Characteristics, and Intervention Strategies. Children & Schools. 2002. Vol. 27 (2). P. 101–110.
13. Roberts W.B. The bully as victim. Professional School Counseling. 2000. № 4. Р. 148–156.
14. Olweus D. Bullying at school. Blackwell Publ. 1993. 215 p.
15. Farmer T. The Developmental Dynamics of Aggression and the Prevention of School Violence. Journal of Emotional and Behavioral Disorders. 2007. Vol. 15. Р. 197–208.
16. Anne G. Garrett. Bullying in American schools: causes, preventions, interventions. McFarland. 2003. Р. 180.
17. Coloroso Barbara. The bully, the bullied, and the bystander: from pre-school to high school: how parents and teachers can help break the cycle of violence. Canada, 2002. Р. 218.
18. Kochenderfer-Ladd B., Pelletier M.E. Teachers' views and beliefs about bullying: Influences on classroom management strategies and students' coping with peervictimization. Journal of School Psychology. 2008. Vol. 46. Issue 4. Р. 431–453.
19. Boyle G.N. The Effects of Bullying on Academic Achievement in Middle School Students. Dissertation. Union University, USA, 2015.