PROFESSIONAL SELF-IMPROVEMENT OF THE FUTURE FOREIGN LANGUAGE TEACHERS IN THE PROCESS OF DISTANCE EDUCATION
The article deals with the problem of increasing the level of the professional competence, the development of professionally significant qualities in accordance with the social requirements, conditions of professional activity of the future foreign language teachers in the process of distance learning. Digital competence as one of the key competencies is highlighted. The experience of online classes in English and the features of the professional selfimprovement of the future foreign language teachers in the process of forming digital competence during online English classes with the use of the various platforms (Moodle, Zoom, Skype), training courses (FutureLearn, Coursera), Internet resources (Hotlist, Treasure Hunt, Subject Sampler, Multimedia Scrapbook, Webquest) is summarized. The main functions of information and communication technologies used in the educational process are considered. Peculiarities of digital competence formation of the foreign language teachers are determined. Possibilities of studying foreign languages with the help of information and communication technologies are considered. The advantages of distance learning, such as studying at an individual pace in a comfortable environment, flexible mode, opportunities for students to plan the time, place and duration of the classes and choosing the speed of learning depending on their personal needs are highlighted. Some disadvantages of distance learning for individual students during the isolation period, such as lack of personal communication between students and teachers in cases where the students did not have the opportunity to switch to video mode; unwillingness to strict selfdiscipline, independence and self-control in the process of online learning; lack of access to quality Internet are noted. Successful online learning requires students’ strong motivation and self-organization, the development of such personal qualities as responsibility, attentiveness, the ability to work independently, systematically and persistently. The development of the digital competence in the future foreign language teachers is one of the key components of their professional self-improvement.
2. Каплінський В. Методика викладання у вищій школі. Київ : КНТ, 2019. 225 с.
3. Національна стратегія розвитку освіти в Україні на період до 2021 року. URL: http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/344/2013.
4. Фіцула М. Професійне самовдосконалення майбутніх фахівців. Педагогіка вищої школи : навч. посібник. Київ : Академвидав, 2010. С. 51‒58.
5. Стрельченко Л.В. Розвиток інформаційно-комунікативної компетентності майбутніх викладачів англійської мови у Великій Британії. Педагогічні науки: теорія, історія, інноваційні технології. 2015. № 4 (48). С. 126‒132.
6. Common European framework of reference for languages: learning, teaching, assessment. URL: http://www.coe.int/t/dg4/linguistic/Source/Framework_EN.pdf.
7. Hotlist, Treasure Hunt, Subject Sampler, Multimedia Scrapbook, Webquest. URL: http://isco798.blogspot.com/.
8. Working the Web for Education. URL: https://tommarch.com/writings/theory/.
9. Creating web-based activities for learning. URL: http://faculty.augie.edu/~pchanavan/webactivities.htm.