STUDENT-CENTERED APPROACH IMPLEMENTATION TO A FOREIGN LANGUAGE TEACHING AT A HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTION
The questions regarding the integrated consideration of student-centered approach to a foreign language teaching at a higher education institution are being discussed in the article. The concept of student-centered learning is based on the development of student’s competitions through an educational process, as well as his/her personal development. There is an imperative need to put a student at the center of educational process, to provide him/her professional knowledge, skills and abilities, as well as to develop the following qualities – autonomy and original thinking, creativity, ability to generate ideas independently, organize their own training mode, communication in modern society, ability to leave the “comfort zone”. The article deals with the strengths and challenges of student-centered pedagogical strategies implementation in a foreign language teaching at a higher education institution. It is indicated that the implementation of studentcentered learning increases the ability of students to determine the success of the pedagogical process independently, to carry out reflection, correction, to use subject-activity technologies, the desire for self-education. Students have a desire to achieve high results and personal interest for the quality of foreign language training. The implementation of student-centered learning in higher education should contribute to increasing responsibility for education; development of abilities for self-organization and self-control; setting clear learning objectives, developing a learning strategy that includes classroom and extracurricular work; assessment of achievements in the educational process. The article concluded that the reorientation of higher education towards studentcentered technologies that are relevant to active learning methods makes it possible to strengthen education activities. Using these active methods, the cognitive-incentive motivation is manifested, and it is changed into a factor of activating learning process and effectiveness. With the emergence of cognitiveincentive motives, perception, memory and thinking are changing, the interests are reoriented, and students’ abilities are intensifying and this provides a certain foundation for successful realization of foreign language activity.
2. Мальцева С.М., Ваганова О.И., Алешугина Е.А. Интегративно-модульный подход к разработке содержания профессионального образования. Проблемы современного педагогического образования. 2018. № 58–3. С. 172–175.
3. Шилова С.А. К вопросу о применении личностно-ориентированного контроля при обучении иностранному языку студентов неязыковых направлений. Азимут научных исследований: педагогика и психология. 2018. Т. 7. № 2(23). С. 319–322.
4. Bryntseva O.V. Foreign languages as means of students’ professional mobility development. Педагогіка формування творчої особистості у вищій і загальноосвітній школах. 2020. № 68. Т. 1. C. 212–216.
5. Ilyashenko L.K., Prokhorova M.P., Vaganova O.I., Smirnova Z.V., Aleshugina E.A. Managerial preparation of engineers with eyes of students. International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology. 2018. Т. 9. № 4. Р. 1080–1087.
6. Rogers K. Freedom to learn. Columbus : Ohio, 1969.