MECHANISMS OF TEACHER AUTONOMY REALIZATION: MULTIMEDIA & INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY IN TEACHING ENGLISH
The study is aimed at analyzing the contradictory nature of the concept “teacher autonomy”, its essence, modern approaches, types, as well as the implementation of some digital didactic techniques in the process of teaching English as a foreign language. From the point of view of psychology autonomy is associated with self-determination based on intrinsic motivation. The teacher autonomy is interpreted as a degree of individual’s independence to make decisions on any issues of the professional activity. This term is characterised by various manifestations in different cultures and described in detail using synergistic and competence-based approaches. The purpose of the article is to systematize modern studies in the area of “teacher autonomy”, as well as to demonstrate in practice how modern requirements for teachers can be combined with reliance on new digital educational resources. There are three components of teacher autonomy: an ability to realize autonomous activity, motivation for creativity and professional independence. Information competence is an integral part of the professional competence of a foreign language teacher. Modern multimedia as a form of communication combines various forms of content: text, audio, animation, video. LearningApps.org service is a Web 2.0 application. Due to this platform we can successfully develop, store interactive tasks on a number of subject disciplines. Students can brush up, systematize and test their knowledge in a playful way, which contributes to the formation of their cognitive interest, development of critical and creative thinking, as well as learning autonomy. This internet-service is irreplaceable in teaching foreign languages, since it helps teachers and students use or create various exercises to practice a full range of language skills (reading, listening, speaking and writing). To illustrate the advantages if the ICT we have made up a number of activities on the topic “Fashion Industry” for students of specialized higher educational institutions, and we are happy to share our teaching experience in the article.
2. Babenko O.V. Development of students’ cognitive and intellectual abilities by means of podcasting. Педагогічні науки: теорія та практика.2020. 2(3), 150–155. URL: https://doi.org/10.26661/2522-4360-2020-3-2-22.
3. Cárdenas-Ramos, Rosalba Considerations on the role of teacher autonomy. Colombian Applied Linguistics Journal. 2016.183. 10.14483/22487085.10510.
4. Swabey M.T. LearningApps.org. URL: https://thedigitalteacher.com/reviews/learningapps#overviewpublished 29 June 2017 (дата звернення: 04.08.2021).
5. Teacher autonomy (last updated 08.12.14). URL: https://www.edglossary.org/teacher-autonomy/(дата звернення: 01.08.21).
6. Інтернет-сервіси в освітньому просторі. URL: http://internet-servisi.blogspot.com/p/learning-apps.html (дата звернення: 01.08.21).