LANGUAGE OF THE WAR AS THE LANGUAGE OF THE MEMORY IN BORYS HUMENIUK’S POETRY
In the suggested article you can read about special and difficult problem of contemporary Ukrainian literature such as Russian-Ukrainian war on Donbas. The main object of the research is the poetry and its abilities to reflect very complicated reality. This scientific study pays attention to the poetical reflections of the war which is observed by the lyric characters of Borys Humeniuk’s poems. This war is represented by the poet as the own experience of the heroes of his writings and as the history experience especially in the context of rethinking of totalitarian memory and trauma of World War II. High value of these texts is that the author tries to search the special language of trauma that is not so easy for poetry. Suggested research is interdisciplinary. Of course the main emphasis is on the literary prospective of analyzing of Borys Humeniuk’s poetry. But its interpretation can’t be satisfied without using historical points of view especially with regard to the totalitarian experience of Ukrainians and review of their historical memory. Here it is used also psychological methods of interpretation. The most important here is fact that the author of the book “Poems from War” was volunteer warrior, the participant of the Donbas war. The author of the article tries to analyze the peculiarities of the poetic reception of the historical trauma of the past, when fighting against the imperial colonial encroachments of Russia became a paradoxical tradition for several generations of Ukrainians. An important problem raised in the work is the historical regionalization of Ukraine and the different mentalities of its inhabitants, formed as a result of different historical experiences. The researcher comes to a very important conclusion, according to which: the lack of a full-fledged multifaceted analysis of traumatic experience, its public speaking leads to the repetition of historical grievances. Fiction, on the other hand, writes about current events and becomes a cultural source of important memory for both contemporaries and future generations.
2. Гуменюк Б. Вірші з війни: поезії. Київ : Ярославів Вал, 2015. 136 с.
3. Зінченко О. Війна міфам. Війна і міф. Невідома Друга світова / за ред. О. Зінченка, В. В’ятровича, М. Майорова. Харків, 2016. С. 3–12.
4. Поліщук Я. Реактивність літератури. Київ, 2016. 192 с.
5. Эткинд, А. Кривое горе: Память о непогребенных / авториз. пер. с англ. В. Макарова. Москва : Новое литературное обозрение, 2016. 328 с.
6. LaCapra D. Writing History. Writing Trauma. Baltimore : Johns Hopkins University Press, 2001. 248 p.
7. Todorow T. Nadużycia pamięci. Znak. Część II. nr. 677. Kraków, 2011. S. 90–97.