Almost all articles submitted to the editorial board undergo the review procedure. Exceptions are reviews posted in the relevant (final) section of the journal.
The task of reviewing is to facilitate the rigorous selection of author's manuscripts for publication and to make specific recommendations for their improvement.
To improve the quality of the review process, both members of the editorial board and independent experts are involved, who provide their opinions in writing in the prescribed form.
According to the journal's editorial policy, the review procedure is anonymous for both the reviewer and the authors.
The main purpose of the review procedure is to adhere to the principles of scientificity and academic integrity. Reviewers evaluate the theoretical and methodological level of the article, its practical value and scientific significance. In addition, they determine the compliance of the article with the principles of ethics in scientific publications and provide recommendations for eliminating cases of their violation.
Reviewing is based on confidentiality, when information about the article (terms of receipt, content, stages and features of reviewing, reviewers' comments and the final decision on publication) is not disclosed to anyone but authors and reviewers.
MANUSCRIPT REVIEW PROCEDURE
1. The author submits to the editorial board an article that meets the requirements of the journal "Bulletin of Zaporizhia National University: Collection of scientific papers. Philological Sciences "and the rules of preparation of articles in professional publications of Ukraine.
2. Manuscripts that do not meet the above requirements shall not be registered and shall not be allowed for further consideration, as notified by their authors.
3. All manuscripts submitted to the editorial board are sent to one reviewer and, if necessary, to two reviewers. The right to appoint reviewers is assigned to the Editor-in-Chief of the journal. He may delegate this right to one of the members of the editorial board. Articles by prominent scholars, as well as articles by authors invited to the collection, may be exempted from reviewing.
4. Reviewers may act as members of the editorial board of the journal "Bulletin of Zaporizhia National University: Collection of scientific papers. Philological Sciences ”and third-party highly qualified specialists who have deep professional knowledge and experience in a specific scientific field (doctors of sciences, professors in the field of peer-reviewed articles).
5. After receiving the article for consideration (within 7 days), the graduating editor evaluates the article in terms of the author's compliance with all necessary technical and macrostructural requirements for materials submitted to professional publications in Ukraine. If necessary, he cooperates with the author to bring the article in line with such requirements, assigns a code to the article and sends it to the editor-in-chief for further sending to reviewers.
6. The reviewer, as a rule, within 21 days makes a conclusion about the possibility of printing the article. Review deadlines may vary from case to case, taking into account the creation of conditions for the most objective assessment of the quality of the submitted materials.
7. Reviewing is conducted confidentially on the principle of bilateral "blind" reviewing, when neither the author nor the reviewer know about each other. The interaction between the author and the reviewer (s) is carried out by e-mail correspondence through the executive secretary or the editor-in-chief of the journal "Bulletin of Zaporizhia National University: Collection of scientific works. Philological Sciences ". With the consent of the reviewer and the author, their interaction can take place in an open mode to improve the style and logic of the research material. At the request of the reviewer, his data can be communicated to the author of the peer-reviewed article.
8. All articles submitted for review, with the help of appropriate software (in particular, the service "Unicheck") are checked for the uniqueness of the text and the absence of incorrect borrowings.
9. After the final analysis of the article, the reviewer fills in a standardized form with a pre-written title of the article and its code. The editors notify the author of the review results by e-mail and send a scanned copy of the review.
10. If the reviewer indicates the need to make certain adjustments to the article, the article is sent to the author with a proposal to take into account the comments in the preparation of an updated version of the article or to refute them with arguments. The corrected version is re-submitted to the reviewer to make a decision and prepare a reasoned opinion on the possibility of publication. The date of acceptance of the article for publication is considered to be the date of receipt by the editorial board of the positive opinion of the reviewer (or the decision of the editorial board) on the expediency and possibility of publishing the article.
11. In case of disagreement with the opinion of the reviewer, the author of the article has the right to provide a reasoned answer to the editors of the journal. In this case, the article is considered at a meeting of the working group of the editorial board. The editorial board may send the article for additional or new review to another specialist. The editorial board reserves the right to reject articles in case of inability or unwillingness of the author to take into account the wishes and comments of reviewers. At the request of the reviewer, the editorial board may submit the article to another reviewer with the obligation of anonymity.
12. The final decision on the possibility and expediency of publication is made by the Editor-in-Chief (or, on his behalf, a member of the editorial board), and if necessary - by a meeting of the editorial board as a whole. After deciding to allow the article to be published, the graduating editor informs the author and indicates the expected date of publication.
13. In case of receiving a positive decision on the possibility of publication, the article is sent to the editorial and publishing journal for publication in turn or, in some cases (by decision of the Editor-in-Chief), out of turn in the next issue of the journal.
14. Responsibility for copyright infringement and non-compliance with applicable standards in the materials of the article rests with the author of the article. The author and the reviewer are responsible for the accuracy of the facts and data, the validity of the conclusions and recommendations, the scientific and practical level of the article.