HEMATOLOGICAL AND BIOCHEMICAL PARAMETERS OF BLOOD IN PATIENTS WITH VIRAL HEPATITIS C UNDER DIFFERENT DISEASE DURATION
According to the recent data, more than 500 million people in the world are infected with hepatitis C. Exceptional actuality of this problem is provided by high prevalence, expressed polymorphism of clinical symptoms, great number of exposure routes, growth of death rate. It has been proven that early detection permits to start treatment in time and promotes recovery. Viral hepatitis C diagnosis is complicated by asymptomatic course. That is why biochemical studies that are available in daily life help to determine symptoms of infection.
The aim of work was to study the dynamics of clinical and biochemical indices of patients’ blood with viral hepatitis C with disease duration from 1 to 3 years.
During the research was analysed the activity of ALT, AST, alpha-amylase, level of bilirubin, protein, glucose, cholesterol, thymol test, white blood cells, leucogram, red blood cells, thrombocytes, hemoglobin ESR in patients’ blood with different disease duration. One-way dispersed analysis ANOVA was used for comparing more then two independent samples by computer program SPSS.
As a result, it was discovered patients with viral hepatitis C had some changes of clinical and biochemical indices depending on the disease duration. Activity of ALT and AST in patients’ blood serum exceeded control group indices during the research. In the first year ALT and AST activity exceeded control indices by 3,24 and 2,63 times respectively. During the next years their activity declined but didn’t reach control indices.
Bilirubin amount stayed within range during the research. But in the first year of disease development level of bilirubin exceeded control indices by 33,8 %, in the second year by 29 % and in the third – by 14,5 %.
Level of alpha- amylase activity exceeded control indices by 65,9 % in the first year. At the third stage ferment activity declined and reached indices of control group.
Tymol test indices varied within range and didn’t change considerably. Level of protein, glucose and cholesterol stayed within range during the research. But in the second and third year of disease development level of glucose considerably increased and level of cholesterol declined.
Amount of white blood cells considerably declined by 46,9 and 48,2 % comparing to control indices in the second and third years of disease development. Amount of neutrophils declined by 11,8 %, 8,25 % and 19 % depending on the disease duration and the amount of lymphocytes increased by 22-25 % comparing to control indices. ESR considerably increased in one year of disease development then declined but didn’t reach the control indices.
2. Устінов О. В. Вірусний гепатит С: масштаб проблеми, перспективи лікування та роль лікаря первинної ланки. Український медичний часопис. 2014. № 4. С. 18-20.
3. EASL International Consensus Conference on Hepatitis C. Hepatology. 2002. Vol. 36. P. 973-977.
4. Дуда А. К., Бойко В. А., Агафонкина И. Н. Вирусный гепатит С: современные возможности диагностики (клиническая лекция). Актуальная инфектология. 2015. № 4. С. 9-16.
5. Справочник по лабораторным методам исследования / ред. Л. А. Данилова. Санкт-Петербург : Питер, 2003. 736 с.
6. Меньшиков В. В. Лабораторные методы исследования в клинике. Москва: Медицина, 1987. 368 с.
7. Лакин Г. Ф. Биометрия: учеб. пособие для биол. спец. ВУЗов. Москва: Высшая школа, 1990. 352 с.
8. Бююль А., Цефель П. SPSS: искусство обработки информации. Анализ статистических данных и восстановление скрытых закономерностей. Санкт–Петербург: ООО ДиаСофтЮП, 2005. 608 с.