STRATEGIC DIRECTIONS OF INTERNATIONAL INVESTMENT ACTIVITY AMID PANDEMIC
The features of international investment activity amid pandemic have been revealed in the article. Current position of international investment activity affected by the pandemic and international investment policy have been analyzed. The quarantine has slowed down international investment projects, that is why governments have imposed new investment restrictions. In addition to the pandemic, international investment processes have been affected by the next factors: new industrial revolution, political shifts toward greater economic nationalism, and sustainability trends. These determinants will have long term impact on the configuration of international production over the decade to 2030. The analysis of foreign direct investment in Ukraine have been carried out and the problems of attracting investments in the context of economic security have been determined. Strategic trends of foreign direct investment in Ukraine have been revealed to achieve sustainable development goals, high level of economic security and minimization of the pandemic consequences. Recommendations for the formation of Ukraine's international innovation and investment strategy in the context of integration processes and transnationalization of the economy have been proposed. Regulation of international investment activity in Ukraine should be aimed at creating an effective legal framework, attractive investment climate, and appropriate institutional support. It is necessary to respond to the problems of mobilization, directions and return of investments, including sustainable development goals and the concepts of national investment policy.
2. Dykyi, N.O. (2017). Zaluchennia inozemnykh investytsii v ekonomiku Ukrainy [Attracting foreign investment in the economy of Ukraine]. Efektyvna ekonomika – Efficient economy, 11, Retrieved from http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=5904
3. Zadoia, A.O. (2018). Mizhnarodna investytsiina diialnist [International investment activity]. Dnipro : Universytet imeni Alfreda Nobelia.
4. Hutkevych, S.O., Sydorenko, P.O., Solomko, A.S. et. (2017). Investuvannia: mizhnarodnyi dosvid [Investing: international experience]. Kharkiv : «Disa plius».
5. Pashchenko, O.V. (2017). Investytsiini priorytety stratehii krain v umovakh mizhnarodnoi torhovelnoi rehionalizatsii [Investment priorities of countries' strategies in the conditions of international trade regionalization]. Hlobalni ta natsionalni problemy ekonomiky – Global and national economic problems, 18. 42–47, Retrieved from http://global-national.in.ua/archive/18-2017/11.pdf
6. Hrynov, A.V., Shersheniuk, O.M., Ovcharenko, S.V. (2008). Mizhnarodna innovatsiino-investytsiina diialnist Ukrainy. Vektor rozvytku [International innovation and investment activity of Ukraine. Vector of development]. Kh. : KhNADU.
7. Davydova, I.O., Velychko K.Iu (2018). Transnatsionalni korporatsii [Transnational corporations]. Pechenka–Kharkiv : Vydavnytstvo «Fort».
8. Pasko, S.N. (2013). Investitsionnye strategii v sovremennoi mirovoi ekonomike v usloviyakh globalizatsii [Investment strategies in the modern world economy in the context of globalization]. Krasnodar : Izd-vo Kubanskogo gos. un-ta.
9. Korchagin, Yu.A., Malichenko, І.P. Investitsionnye strategii stran s dogonyayushchimi ekonomikami [Investment strategies of countries with catching-up economies]. Retrieved from http://www.lerc.ru/?part=bulletin&art=15&page=17
10. World Investment Report. Special economic zones. 2019. Retrieved from https://unctad.org/system/files/officialdocument/wir2019_overview_en.pdf
11. World Investment Report International production beyond the pandemic. 2020. Retrieved from https://unctad.org/system/files/official-document/wir2020_en.pdf
12. Ukraine: Investing in Ukraine. Retrieved from https://www.nordeatrade.com/en/explore-new-market/ukraine/investment?vider_sticky=oui
13. Ukraine – Net foreign direct investment outflows in % of GDP. Retrieved from https://knoema.com/atlas/Ukraine/topics/Economy/Balance-of-Payments-Capital-and-financial-account/Net-FDI-outflows-percent-of-GDP
14. State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/
15. Hallam D. International investment in developing country agriculture – issues and challenges. Retrieved from https://www.regeringen.se/49bb90/contentassets/7c81b9ec5b844767b9a04c0efcedfb27/bilaga-hela-kapitel-1-davidhallam