THE INFLUENCE OF THE CORONAVIRUS CRISIS ON THE ASSOCIATION OF ENTERPRISES IN UKRAINE
Brought, that the reaction of integrated business to the impact of the coronavirus crisis has its own characteristics due to its economic nature. Most modern associations of enterprises have an extensive network, the structure of enterprises united in consolidated groups can cover the whole of Ukraine, as well as go beyond state borders, so in some quarantine zones economic activity almost stops, in others – to be carried out normally. The large scale of business associations, their strong financial, labor and other resources, make integrated business somewhat “clumsy” and vulnerable to the effects of the coronavirus crisis, but the same features provide consolidated businesses the potential to adapt to new realities of economic activity. The article identifies the nature of the impact of the coronavirus crisis on the development of modern business associations in Ukraine, substantiates the possibilities of overcoming the crisis in the economy caused by COVID-19, by consolidating the efforts of Ukrainian business to solve this large-scale problem. The main directions of counteraction of consolidated associations of enterprises to the crisis are investigated, namely: 1) care for employees; 2) creation of a response headquarters 24/7; 3) supply chain support; 4) care for the community. Positive examples of consolidated business assistance to communities are given. It is substantiated that modern associations of enterprises in Ukraine, which have financial opportunities, need to direct them to the modernization of their production facilities, re-profiling activities on an innovative basis. Due to the limited cross-border cooperation, integrated business entities can focus on the domestic market, which will only strengthen the Ukrainian economy in the strategic perspective. Consolidated business support for social programs and research aimed at overcoming COVID-19 should become a mandatory component of corporate social responsibility, which will contribute to the recovery of both the business environment and society as a whole.
2. Avdalian, K.V. (2019). Suchasni tendentsii obiednannia pidpryiemstv v ekonomitsi Ukrainy [Modern tendencies of merging enterprises in the economy of Ukraine]. Ekonomika, upravlinnia ta administruvannia – Economics, Management and Administration, 4 (90), 3-7 [in Ukrainian].
3. COVID-19: Karantynni zakhody suttievo zminiuiut ochikuvannia biznesu shchodo rozvytku ekonomiky [COVID-19: Quarantine measures significantly change business expectations for economic development]. (2020, November 7). visnuk.com.ua. Retrieved from http://www.visnuk.com.ua/uk/news/100017557-covid-19-karantinni-zakhodi-suttyevo-zminyuyut-ochikuvannya-biznesu-schodo-rozvitku-ekonomiki [in Ukrainian].
4. Dienkov, D., Karakuts, A. & Shchedrin, Yu. Vplyv COVID-19 ta karantynnykh obmezhen na ekonomiku Ukrainy [Impact of COVID-19 and quarantine restrictions on the economy of Ukraine]. Kyiv: Center for Applied Research and the Konrad Adenauer Foundation Office Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
5. Foresight COVID-19: impact on economy and society. (2020, November 6). wdc.org.ua. Retrieved from http://wdc.org.ua/en/node/190017 [in English].
6. Klasternyi proekt zabezpechyv 10000 ekspres-testiv na COVID-19 [The cluster project provided 10,000 rapid tests for COVID-19]. (2020, November 6). eu4business.eu. Retrieved from http://eu4business.eu/uk/success-stories/klasternyy-proyekt-zabezpechyv-10-000-ekspres-testiv-na-covid-19 [in Ukrainian].
7. Polityka oduzhannia: protses vykhodu z karantynu dlia ekonomiky navit bilsh ryzykovanyi, nizh sam karantyn [Recovery policy: the process of quarantine for the economy is even more risky than the quarantine itself]. (2020, November 7). niss.gov.ua. Retrieved from https://niss.gov.ua/en/node/3668 [in Ukrainian].
8. Pro vnesennia zmin do deiakykh zakonodavchykh aktiv Ukrainy, spriamovanykh na zabezpechennia dodatkovykh sotsialnykh ta ekonomichnykh harantii u zviazku z poshyrenniam koronavirusnoi khvoroby (COVID-19) [On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of Ukraine Aimed at Providing Additional Social and Economic Guarantees in Connection with the Spread of Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)]. (2020, November 7). zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/540-20 [in Ukrainian].
9. Pro zatverdzhennia Derzhavnoi prohramy stymuliuvannia ekonomiky dlia podolannia nehatyvnykh naslidkiv, sprychynenykh obmezhuvalnymy zakhodamy shchodo zapobihannia vynyknenniu i poshyrenniu hostroi respiratornoi khvoroby COVID-19, sprychynenoi koronavirusom SARS-CoV-2 na 2020-2022 roky [On approval of the State program of economic stimulation to overcome the negative consequences caused by restrictive measures to prevent the occurrence and spread of acute respiratory disease COVID-19 caused by coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, for 2020-2022]. (2020, November 8). zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/534-2020-%D0%BF#Text [in Ukrainian].
10. Sakharuk, T. (2020). Reaktsiia biznesu na pandemiiu: shcho zrobleno ta kudy my rukhaiemosia [Business response to the pandemic: what has been done and where we are moving]. (2020, November 7). Бізнес vs COVID-19. Retrieved from https://business.ua/business/10125-biznes-vs-covid-19 [in Ukrainian].
11. U period koronakryzy «NIBULON» ne prypyniaie dopomahaty ukrainskii medytsyni [During the coronavirus crisis, NIBULON does not stop helping Ukrainian medicine]. (2020, November 8). nibulon.com. Retrieved from https://www.nibulon.com/news/novini-kompanii/u-period-koronakrizi-nibulon-ne-pripinyae-dopomagati-ukrainskii-medicini-video-8710.html [in Ukrainian].
12. Zhalilo, Ya.A. (2020). Ukraina pislia koronakryzy – shliakh oduzhannia [Ukraine after the coronavirus crisis – the path to recovery]. Kyiv: National Institute for Strategic Studies [in Ukrainian].