EXTERNAL EVALUATION OF THE QUALITY OF EDUCATION AS A TOOL OF DEVELOPING A COMPETITIVE EDUCATIONAL ENVIRONMENT AND A FACTOR OF THE NATIONAL ECONOMY GROWTH
The article is devoted to a brief description of the external evaluation process of the quality of education as a tool to increase the level of socio-economic development of the state. Prerequisites for admission of entrants to higher education institutions and the main challenges facing university quality assurance systems are presented. The description of the external independent evaluation results showed the level of entrants who have the opportunity to continue their education in higher education institutions. A short description of the demographic situation and its consequences for applicants’ potential contingent in higher education institutions is given. Simultaneously, an important factor that provokes the improvement of tools for assessing the quality of education is the current state of socio-economic development of the state and the urgent task of raising its level. The evaluation of the educational program’s quality must be carried out during the external audit – accreditation of the educational program by the National Agency for Higher Education Quality Assurance or international or domestic independent agencies. The article describes the algorithm of external evaluation of the quality of the educational program (accreditation), proposals for the work of experts during the accreditation examination, identifies the factors influencing the external evaluation of the quality of the educational program on the development of the national economy. The main elements of the Code of Expert Honor, developed within the project "New accreditation system as a means of quality assurance and overcoming corruption in higher education in Ukraine" are presented. The SMART approach is used to assess the educational program’s purpose to ensure a socio-economic impact on the labor market .
2. Hrynkevych O.S., (2018) Upravlinnia konkurentospromozhnistiu vyshchoi osvity v Ukraini: instytutsiinyi analiz i monitorynh [Management of higher education competitiveness in Ukraine: institutional analysis and monitoring]: monograph. Lviv : Ivan Franko Lviv National University. 462 pp.
3. Babin I.I. (2011) Zabezpechennia yakosti vyshchoi osvity: yevropeiskyi, natsionalnyi ta instytutsiinyi rivni [Quality assurance in higher education: European, national and institutional levels]. Science and education. No 1. P. 7–13.
4. Prokopenko I.F., Melnykova O.V., (2017). Vyshcha osvita yak chynnyk ekonomichnoho zrostannia Ukrainy: suchasnyi stan ta perspektyvy rozvytku [Higher education as a factor of economic growth of Ukraine: current state and prospects of development]. Collection of scientific works of H.S. Skovoroda Kharkiv National Pedagogical University. Series “Economy“. Vol. 17. P. 5–14.
5. Zhukova V.O., (2009) Vyshcha osvita yak chynnyk rozvytku natsionalnoi ekonomiky [Higher education as a factor in the development of the national economy] Scientific works of KNTU. Economic sciences. 2009. Vol. 15. P. 275–279.
6. Tsyhaniuk D.L., Tsyrulyk S.V. (2019). Vyshcha osvita yak chynnyk sotsialno-ekonomichnoho rozvytku krainy [Higher education as a factor in the socio-economic development of the country] Bulletin of Sumy State University. Economics series. No 1. P. 111–122.
7. Yanenkova I.H. (2015). Rol osvity i nauky dlia ekonomichnoho rostu i rozvytku suspilstva [The role of education and science for economic growth and development of society] Economy and state. № 7. P. 6–9.
8. Altinok N., Angrist N., Patrinos H.A. Global Data Set on Education Quality (1965–2015) / Policy Research Working Paper 8314. Education Global Practice Group. 2018. 78 p.
9. Kotaskova S. K., Procházka P., Smutka L., Maitah M., Kuzmenko E., Kopecka M., Hönig V. The impact of education on economic growth: the case of India / Acta Universitatis Agriculturae et Silviculturae Mendelianae Brunensis. 2018. vol. 66(1). P. 253–262.
10. Matsushita S., Siddique A., Giles M. Education and Economic Growth: A Case Study of Australia / Economic Discussion. 2006. Working Paper. No. 0615.
11. Abugamea G. The impact of Education on Economic Growth in Palestine: 1990-2014. / METU Studies in Development. 2017. vol. 44(3). P. 261-280.
12. Borysova Ye., (2003). Yakist osvity i mistse vyshchoi shkoly v suspilstvi [The quality of education and the place of higher education in society] Alma Mater. No 11. P. 27–33.
13. Zaichuk V.O., (2009). Upravlinnia yakistiu osvity yak skladova derzhavnoi osvitnoi polityky [Education quality management as a component of state educational policy] Pedagogy and psychology. no 1. p. 56–78.
14. Batechko N. Yakist vyshchoi osvity v konteksti synerhii naukovykh pidkhodiv [Quality of higher education in the context of synergy of scientific approaches] Continuing professional education: theory and practice (series: Pedagogical sciences). 2017. Vol. 3–4 (52-53). P. 12–19.
15. Matiuk T.V. Rol osvity v ekonomichnomu rozvytku suspilstva [The role of education in economic development of society] Economic Bulletin. 2013. No 3. P. 21–30.
16. Doslidzhennia sfery osvity v Ukraini. Do bilshoi rezultatyvnosti, spravedlyvosti ta efektyvnosti (REZIuMEZ) (2019). [Research in the field of education in Ukraine. To greater efficiency, fairness and efficiency (SUMMARY)]. Review. 33 с.
17. Standarty i rekomendatsii shchodo zabezpechennia yakosti v Yevropeiskomu prostori vyshchoi osvity (ESG) [Standards and recommendations for quality assurance in the European Higher Education Area (ESG)]. Kyiv : LLC “CS“. 2015. 32 c.
18. Dobko T., Artiukhov A. (2019). Kodeks chesti eksperta pid chas provedennia akredytatsiinoi ekspertyzy. Proiekt “Nova systema akredytatsii yak zasib zabezpechennia yakosti ta podolannia koruptsii u vyshchii osviti Ukraini“. [Code of honor of the expert during the accreditation examination. Project “New accreditation system as a means of quality assurance and overcoming corruption in higher education in Ukraine“]. 4 p.
19. Richnii zvit Natsionalnoho ahentstva iz zabezpechennia yakosti vyshchoi osvity: 2019. [Annual report of the National Agency for Quality Assurance in Higher Education: 2019]. Kyiv. 244 p.