ASSESSMENT OF THE COMPETITIVENESS OF UKRAINE AND THE QUALITY OF LIFE OF THE POPULATION
Competitiveness is one of the main indicators of state development. The problem of Ukraine’s low level of competitiveness is quite relevant. It is characterized by low living standards, socio-political atmosphere in the country, the state and level of development of the financial system and production efficiency. The article examines the current level of competitiveness of the country and the quality of life of the population, formed the essence of this concept and identified its main quantitative characteristics, analyzed the potential of Ukraine for the future. This study analyzes the main features of the Ukrainian economy and its place against the background of the international economy on the basis of the world competitiveness rating. The main indices are considered, namely: the Ease of doing business index, the index of economic freedom in the country (Index of Economic Freedom) and the index of global competitiveness (The Global Competitiveness Index). However, ways to increase Ukraine’s competitive position in the international arena are proposed.
2. Staffan Linder. An essay on trade and transformation. URL: http://seinst.ru/files/vehi_6_027_linder_k-voprosu-otorgovle.pdf.
3. Mill John Stuart. Oxford Dictionary of National Biography / C. Matthew. Oxford : OUP, 2004. 456 р.
4. The Life of Nelson A. Rockefeller: Worlds to Conquer, 1908–1958. New York : Doubleday, 1996. 486 с.
5. The Works Of David Ricardo Hardcover : Andesite Press, 2015. 638 р.
6. Joan Violet Robinson. The Economics of Imperfect Competition. London: Macmillan, 1933. 9“ x 6“. xii + 352 pp.
7. Paul Anthony Samuelson. The Observational Significance of Economic Theory: A Study in the Foundations of Analytical Economics. Harvard University, 1941. 908 р.
8. The Works of Paul Anthony Samuelson “Summing up“, Quarterly Journal of Economics, т. 80, 1966, с. 568
9. Samuelson Paul A., Nordhaus William D. Microeconomics, 18ed Williams. 2008. 752 с.
10. Adam Smith. An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations, Мoscow : Exmo, 2007. (Series: Anthology of Economic Thought) 960 p.
11. Arnaut I.P. Research of approaches to the definition of competitiveness. Innovative economy. 2012. № 3. P. 111–114.
12. Porter M. International competition / M. Porter; [trans. with English ; under ed. and with a preface by V.D. Shchetinin]. Moscow : International Relations, 1993. 896 p.
13. Didukh N. Global indices of competitiveness of national economies. Economic analysis. 2012. № April 10–16. pp. 133–136.
14. The Global Competitiveness Report 2019/ World Economic Forum. URL: http://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_TheGlobalCompetitivenessReport 2019.pdf
15. The Global Competitiveness Report 2017-2018/ World Economic Forum. URL: http://www3.weforum.org/docs/GCR20172018/05FullReport /TheGlobalCompetitivenessReport2017%E2%80%932018.pdf
16. The Heritage Foundation /2019 Index of Economic Freedom. URL: https://ueff.org/images/UEFF/content/indices/heritage/heritage_index_2019.pdf
17. The Heritage Foundation /2018 Index of Economic Freedom. URL: https://ueff.org/images/UEFF/content/indices/heritage/heritage_index_2018.pdf
18. A World Bank Group Flagship Report/ Doing Business 2019/ URL: https://www.doingbusiness.org/content/dam/doingBusiness/media/Annual-Reports/English/DB2019-report_web-version.pdf
19. A World Bank Group Flagship Report/ Doing Business 2018/ URL: https://www.doingbusiness.org/content/dam/doingBusiness/media/Annual-Reports/English/DB2018-report_web-version.pdf.
20. Principles of competitiveness in the realities of the knowledge economy: Collective monograph / International Institute of Management (MIM-Kyiv); For science. ed. Yu.V. Poluneeva. Kyiv : LLC “Engineering“, 2016. 256 p.