ANALYSIS OF CURRENT INVESTMENT STATE IN UKRAINE
It is determined that foreign investment is a vital element in the national economy. At the present stage of economic development of Ukraine, the problem of attraction is of particular relevance. For now, attracting foreign investment is a basic condition for forming a competitive model of the national economy. It is revealed the government of the country should take appropriate measures to create favorable conditions for the development of investment activities. Investigating the nature of foreign direct investment, various economic approaches to their interpretation by domestic and foreign scientists, as well as the legislation, were considered. Having researched the scientific achievements of domestic and foreign economists, the essence of the concept of «investment» was defined by the author, which is proposed to be considered as tangible and intangible capital invested in the objects of investment activity from abroad in accordance with the current legislation, provided long-term economic interest. It was determined that the Government's competent policy on attracting the necessary volume of foreign investments will ensure stable economic growth and will have a positive impact on the level of development of the country as a whole. The dynamics and tendency of direct investments in the country, their sectoral and geographical structure are analyzed. The factors of positive and negative impact on the investment climate in the country are substantiated. The suggestions for improving the conditions for the implementation of investment projects are presented by the author: improving legislation, ending the war in eastern Ukraine, political and economic stability, combating the shadow economy etc. The use of aforementioned suggestions will lead to the elimination of negative tendencies of deterioration of the image of Ukraine as a reliable business partner.
2. Hymer, S.H. (1976). The International Operations of National Firms: A Study of Direct Foreign Investment. MIT Press, London, the United Kingdom [in English].
3. Herzanych, V.M. (2014). Osnovni nedoliky ta problemy zaluchennya inozemnykh investytsiy v Ukrayini [The main shortcomings and problems of attracting foreign investment in Ukraine]. Efectyvna economika – Efficient economy, 4, 43-48.
4. Danilov, O. D. & Vdovychenko, A. M. (2008). Struktura investytsiy, innovatsiy ta vypusku promyslovoyi produktsiyi v Ukrayini [Structure of investments, innovations and industrial output in Ukraine]. Finansy Ukrainy – Finance of Ukraine, 5 (150), 115-123.
5. Indeksy Yevropeys’koyi biznes – asotsiatsiyi [Indexes of European Business Association]. ebainfo.tilda.ws/indeces-new. Retrieved from: http://ebainfo.tilda.ws/indeces-new [in Ukrainian].
6. Kozyk, V.V. & Bazhanova, A.I. (2002). Chynnyky investytsiynoho protsesu [Factors of the investment process]. Visnyk Natsionalnoho universytetu «Lvivska politekhnika» – Bulletin of the National University «Lviv Polytechnic», 5, 219-223. [in Ukrainian].
7. Lesechko, M.D., Chemerys, A.O. & Chemerys, O.M. (2001). Investytsiinyi klimat: teoriia i praktyka [Investment climate: theory and practice]. monograph, LF UADU, Lviv, Ukraine. 166.
8. Zakon Ukrainy Pro rezhym inozemnoho investuvannya: pryiniatyi 19 march 1996 roky №94/96. [Law of Ukraine on regime of foreign investment activity from 19 March 1996 №94/96]. Vidomosti Verkhovnoyi Rady Ukrainy – Bulletin of Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. Kyiv: Parlam. vyd-vo [in Ukrainian].
9. Ukaz Prezydenta Ukrayiny Pro Stratehiyu staloho rozvytku «Ukrayina – 2020» pryiniatyi 12 sich. 2015 [Decree of the President of Ukraine on the Strategy of Sustainable Development «Ukraine 2020» activity from 12 Jan. 2015]. zakon.rada.gov.ua Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/5/2015 [in Ukrainian].
10. Sayt Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky [Site of the State Statistics Service], ukrstat.gov.ua Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/ [in Ukrainian].
11. Reverchuk, S.K. et al. (2001). Investolohiia: nauka pro investuvannia [Investology: the science of investing], Kyiv: Atyka [in Ukrainian].
12. Rohach, O. I. (2005). Mizhnarodni investytsii: Teoriia ta praktyka biznesu transnatsionalnykh korporatsii [International investments: Theory and practice of business of multinationals]. Kyiv: Lybid [in Ukrainian].
13. Svystun, L. A. & Morokhovets I.O. (2017). Perspektyvy inozemnoho investuvannya v ekonomiku Ukrayiny u konteksti zahroz yiyi ekonomichniy bezpetsi [Prospects for foreign investment in Ukraine’s economy in the context of threats to its economic security]. Hlobalni ta natsionalni problemy ekonomiky – Global and national economic problems, 18, 483–489.
14. Teslia, S.M. (2009). Pryami inozemni investytsiyi yak ekonomichna katehoriya, yikh sutʹ ta klasyfikatsiya [Foreign direct investment as an economic category, its essence and classification]. Naukovyi visnyk NLTU Ukrainy – Scientific Bulletin of NLTU of Ukraine, 19.3, 131–139.